The following is advice for those attending Aut Even for a day case procedure.
- All patients should go to main reception to check in. Please bring photo identification, i.e. a current passport, driver’s license with you.
- We advise you to bring any relevant scans/x-rays with you also.
- Your Consultant will tell you if it is necessary for you to stop eating or drinking prior to your admission. If you are unsure about fasting please check with your Consultant and/or Consultant secretary. It is important that you follow your fasting guidelines prior to your admission.
- Please bring all prescribed medications and a copy of your current prescription with you. This may be obtained from your GP or from your pharmacy.
- We advise that you organise transport to and from the hospital if you are having sedation or will be under a general anaesthetic during your procedure.
- For all procedures carried out under sedation, it is very important that patients have a responsible adult to accompany them home and that they have someone to stay with them overnight.
- It is recommended that you do not drink any alcohol, do not drive a vehicle, do not sit near an open or unprotected fire, do not operate any machinery or sign any legal documents for 24 hours post procedure. This is because you are likely to feel side effects of sedation for this period of time.