At Aut Even Hospital, we offer the very best in Orthopaedic care to our patients. Our team of Orthopaedic Surgeons and support staff will ensure that no matter what area of orthopaedic surgery or care you require, every step of the process will be as convenient and comfortable as possible.
Our range of treatments cover the following areas:
- Sports Injuries (ACL reconstruction surgery, knee and shoulder surgery)
- Upper limb (repair of femoral neck and trochanteric fractures)
- Shoulder (arthroscopy, replacement, rotator cuff repair, dislocation manipulation)
- Wrist & Hand (Carpal tunnel release, arthroscopy, ganglion removal)
- Hip (replacement, revision surgery, arthroplasty)
- Knee (partial and total replacement, revision surgery, arthroscopy, patellofemoral arthroplasty)
- Foot (hallux valgus, hammertoe correction)
- Ankle surgery
Our five Orthopaedic Consultants also see patients with a range of orthopaedic conditions such as spinal disorders (e.g. ruptured discs), other lifestyle and sports injuries (ligament, cartilage, tendon and muscle damage etc.), arthritis, bone tumours, dislocations, sprains and fractures, cerebral palsy, osteoporosis and those suffering from the effects of general wear and tear of joints.
Aut Even’s Orthopaedics Department takes pride in its excellent outcomes for patients and its high level of dedicated patient care.
The specific features of our Joint Replacement Service are as follows:
- Pre-assessment service with in house Consultant Cardiologist and Senior Physiotherapist.
- Rapid recovery Programme (4-5 days)
- Full time 24hr house doctor
- Specialist pain management techniques
- Oral anti-coagulant therapy (Xeralto) post operatively.
- HDU initial 24hr post-operative period.
Mr Stuart Edwards – specialist in primary and revision hip and knee surgery, minimal access surgery and resurfacing procedures.
Mr Breandan Long – sports injury specialist, treating anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction of the knee and rotator cuff repair of the shoulder.
Mr Alan Laing – specialist in surgery of the foot and ankle, offering a comprehensive service related to the management and treatment of acute foot and ankle fractures, sports and dance injuries.
Mr Maurice Neligan – specialist surgeon of sports injuries of the knee and shoulder, arthroscopic surgery, knee preservation surgery and hip and knee arthroplasty.
Mr Turlough O’Donnell – specialist surgeon of the knee, hip and upper limb with particular interest in the preservation of the arthritic knee and shoulder surgery.