Non Consultant House Doctor
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
• The post holder will work with all members of the multidisciplinary team, medical and non-medical to provide a seamless service for patients.
• Diagnose and treat patients under the direction of the consultant surgical and medical staff.
• Will document patients’ assessment, history and physical on admission and write appropriate follow up comments in case notes in line with the Assessment of Patient Policy.
• Will conduct daily re–assessment on in–patients as advised by the consultant and or nursing staff.
• Whilst on duty, will conduct three hourly ward visits to address any non-emergency requests by the Nursing or Multidisciplinary team.
• To carry a Dect Phone at all times while on duty and to response to each call in an efficient manner.
• Assist the Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon in theatres and in emergencies assist in other theatres as required
• Work as part of the Pre-Assessment service
• Applicants must be eligible to register with Medical Council of Ireland.
• Experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary surgical team, experience within the surgical setting is desirable but not essential.
• Previous experience working within the Irish or UK Health System is advantageous.
• Up to date certification in ACLS with the ability to demonstrate leadership skills in the event of a medical emergency.
• Up to date PALS training would be an advantage.
If you would like to be part of this exciting development opportunity please forward an up-to-date CV with covering letter to the:
HR Department, Aut Even Hospital, Freshford Rd, Kilkenny
Informal enquires are welcome to +353 56 7775159